Wednesday 1 March 2023

A Good Day.

Another step closer.  I woke up and my hand felt really good.  Through the day, I could feel the places where it has been inflamed so I know it isn't there yet.  One more week.  Sigh.

In the meantime I am having fun.

I have sewn very very little with flannelettes, which is odd because I only had boys. Plaid flannel shirts are such a male thing through most of the years where I sewed for them, but when they were young the parachute pants were big and the bright neon t shirts were all the rage. Brian took care of his own wardrobe.  He really died not like plaids so there were very few flannels around.

I adore plaids but an office workplace just wasn't the right place for them and so I never sewed them. But I am now and  I love sewing the fabric.  I sat down and sewed for four hours straight and then a further two in the afternoon.  It was great.


I did the collar and all the fussy interfaced bits first, and then put all the body pieces together as usual. I did all the finishing bits, the edge stitching that keeps the fabric looking crisp. 


And then I did a sleeve and sewed up the seam.  And that is where I crapped out.  I just had to stop.  I knew that I would only mess up the hemming and the cuff finishing if I kept on, so I stopped.  I do not know where this super power of stopping when it is time has come from - knitting most likely - but it has just never really part of the things I could do before.  I have always been a compulsive finisher.  It was just the way I had to work but it is different now.  I can stop.  It is weird and awesome.


Just the cuffs left to attach and I am looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.  

As it is, I did a lot of work today and it all went well and I stopped before I messed up.

A good day was had.  Isn't that great?

No comments: