Monday 27 June 2022

Monogamous knitting

I have been surprisingly monogamous to the project.  Which one you should ask because there are so many things to do right now.

The project is of course the two Eltons.  The green is a wonderful knit and is getting a really good workout when I am zoom knitting (social knitting for the 2020's)  It easy to track and quick to move along because all the yarn is exactly the same.  It is only the colourway that changes.  After the weekend of fairly steady work on it, I am now six inches, almost seven from the underarm.  


At the beginning of the project, I confess that I was a bit worried about the two colours being too close to each other, that there was too much of a couple particular shades of green in it to be good for stripes.  But Twitchy Hands, the new home of my ever so often viewed Colorsong Yarns, advised that the Tempest cardigan looked best if there was some of  the main tonal colour choice in the multi colour yarn.  I think that even though my stripes on the Elton Cardigan are smaller than those on the Tempset Cardigan, you can see the wisdom of that advice.  I think it is looking marvelous.  I can't wait to wear it!


Elton number two is also coming along nicely.  This is a slower go.  I am being very careful to be sure and catch every strand, every loop of the airy mohair as I work. It is very deliberate careful work.  It is also on wooden needle tips which is just automatically slower.  I knit on this one when it is just me watching TV or reading a book.  It's only two inches below the armscye but believe me, it feels great to be here.  



This is also probably the truest photo I have yet of what these yarns look like.  It was taken at days end with blinds and curtains open and full light.  I am writing that down so I remember what it was like when I took it.  

I love stipes.  I could knit a whole world of stripes.  Sigh.  I am sseriously consdering Utkiek for my next project.  I thought about Douglas cardi but I like the crisp way the edges are done on Utkiek better.  So stripes, but wider.  

Knitting is good but today will have less knitting.  Today is more of a house errand day and that is already well begun begun.  And when I do have time later, I must pull out my rovings and fleeces.  Because I am going to compete in Tour de Fleece this year!  More about that tomorrow though.  Time to head of and do some chores.

No comments: