Thursday 26 May 2022

Calling my name.

Shirt finishing was the order of the day yesterday.  That came first.  The buttons were on, I hemmed all around and did the handy little hand sewn of facings at the neckline and we are done.  It needs a good ironing though before I call it complete.



It is exactly the kind of shirt I love.  It drapes and flows and is a really great match of fabric and pattern.

I did get a shirt cut out using the new Tarawi shirt.  I am going to keep my fingers crossed for this one.  According to my measurements, it should be right in all respects for a less casual, more fitted sort of shirt.  It does have a few pattern pieces that are unusual but I do get why they did it that way and one piece I am not sure about needing but...

The other thing I did is that I am using the collar pieces to cut out the interfacings.  They generously include a properly sized interfacing pattern piece but I tend to end up with better work if I am matching all hte pieces for size and trimming the interfacing a bit more deeply.  

I have one more thing to cut this morning and then I am going to simply sit and knit.  Because that is important too.  Plus stripes are calling my name and now that the knitting of this version of Elton is well underway, it is very hard to ignore. 



In spain

No comments: