Saturday 5 March 2022

Yes!

It has been a couple weeks now that I have had a hard time sticking to my knitting.  That has to be obvious.  But I expect normal soon.  

My daughter in law's mom made it from her bunker in Kyiv to Poland late last night.  She got into the shorter line for people who had a place to stay in Poland versus the longer line for those who did not have a place to stay.  And because Luda has never not found friends where ever she goes, by the time she got to the head of the line, she had a friend (complete stranger) who gave her a place to sleep.  And that is Ludmila and the Polish people.  I love all Poland today.  

Anyway, she is safe in Poland and will be here in Edmonton late Monday night.  I have been crying since I heard the news and I am still breaking into tears a bit as I type.  It is just such a relief to know she is safe.

So things will be a new kind of normal shortly, but they will be normal.  I am counting my blessings for our whole family and remain praying for all of Ukraine.  

No comments: