Thursday 28 October 2021

Dealing with the restless.

When I feel restless, it is usually because something is nagging at me that  I either do not yet recognize or want to avoid.  I didn't recognize it till this morning.


This is yesterday's photo and I spent all day today trying to sort out what to do instead, because that hem treatment?  I hate it.  It is all wrong for this sweater.  

So I thought about it as I printed out some sewing patterns.  I thought about it as I knit sleeve two.  I thought and thought and looked at the pictures and at my project and my yarn and made a nice clear decision.  

It needs some proper ribbing which I could add but if I am doing that, I may as well keep with the spirit of it all and do some half brioche rows to finish it all off.  I have a pretty strong feeling that this will look better than anything else I can come up with for the neckline and I already know that it will make a much nicer ribbing than my first try on the sleeves.  Where the brioche already forms the hem, it looks amazing.

It does mean that I will be brioching all around the bottom of the sweater and the sweater will be the smallest bit longer but it will be what it will be.  I know that with the finish I tried on the sleeve, I wouldn't be wearing it that much because it would bug me.  It will be longer and briochier (is that a word) but I will love it more.

So, it does add a wee bit, probably two days to the finishing but that isn't so bad.  It's a nice yarn and there isn't any more of it.  Not at the mill and not in my stash.  Sigh.  Oh well.

Oddly enough, I do not feel restless any more.  I am rather energized! Go me.

No comments: