Thursday 30 September 2021

Mixed stuff and blessings.


The other day, after sorting some things in my room, I realized that I had forgotten a small thing that I meant to knit for fall.  And that small thing was a sweater for my sweet little Emmett.  It is supposed to match the Gramps sweater knit for owen earlier this year.


It is just too cute to not do this. I have lots of yarn left too so  Tuesday evening, off I went, zipping along.  


Yesterday evening I had this but I also had finished a bunch of other work inlcuding my recent nemesis, the laundry, and at the end of the day, I chose fixing my bed over writing the blog.  It was well worth it.

The house took most of my energy today but I still managed to turn that proto sweater into this


between tasks and naps.  I hope to do even better tomorrow.

One of the chores I did today was kitchen laundry.  I thought it was time to go through and take out what really was no longer even a good rag for cleaning (painting clothes from the kitchen drawer.  Yes I have that).  It came to me that I need a few more decent dish cloths.  The last dishcloths I did were three in 2020 from a weaving project and before that, some I knit in 2019.  It is time for a few new ones.  

I also pulled out some new tea towels.  I love the old fashined kind, the flour sack sort.  I loathe small towels that seem to be standard.  I bought some from Mary Maxim in spring and it is past time to put them to use.  I reserved two to embroider and put the the other five in the drawer.  I may yet take one more to play with, but I have a day or two till I have to take it out.  

I have a bit of a deadline for all these little shores to be done.  My Carter is coming for an over night stay with me just after Thanksgiving. He has never done this before and we planned it for summer, but summer didn't turn out that way.  Next summer will though but we decided not to wait and I am so happy. I love you to the moon and back Carter.

No comments: