Monday 5 April 2021

Of socks.

The other morning, I was putting on my socks and realized that this pair was done.  More than done.  


As you can see they have been repaired and worn many times since, and the repairs are failing. And now, the good part of the heel has a hole.  I am calling these done.  I checked how old they were and they predate me putting everything I knit on Ravelry.  These socks have been in action for over ten years.  I think.  I have to confirm that on the blog.  There are things here that did not get to Rav.  No matter, these are very old socks.

On now, to new socks.  I have finally assembled my yarns for a couple pairs of I Scream socks from the Operation Sock Drawer book.  



The landlord figured the carmel golden colour was wrong for cones, but the better colours were gone and I didn't want to miss the sale.  Close enough to the original for me.  Ah the foolish dreams we dream but I wanted these socks for the memories of my dad and childhood and special ice cream.

And then, with all the knitting zooms I have been doing lately, my sock production for the year is sky high.  This one is a pair of tubeys using some very nice String Theory dyed yarn that I was given.  Very pretty. 


So much much more.  I have a new Grandchild, a sweet little boy who came in at a nice sturdy nine pounds even and whose name is still under disscussion.  A photo of my newest peanut will be up as soon as mama and dad say it is okay.  And, I talked with mom and dad and I am so happy that they have come thorugh all this okay.  Long may that continue.

It was a good weekend.  A lovely way to start a spring.


No comments: