Monday 7 December 2020

Something Different.

This second for this season and third overall Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket brings with it a unique experience in sock monkey blanket knitting.


The gaping hole in a small ball of yarn is a new experience for me.  In blankie knitting that is.  As you see the giant white ball continues unabated.  

The blanket is getting along in a most pleasing way.  



I did only a moderate amount of knitting Saturday but much more on Sunday.  That seems to be the nature of this knitting.  One day light, the next heavy.  As long as I listen to my hands, this blanket will proceed and if I am lucky, it may be complete before Christmas. 

Though I doubted the denim would be as nice as the first blanket with the charcoal, in the end, it is just as nice.  It is really all about the red stripe or so it seems to me.  I was so eager to be working with this dark grey heather to see if it was as nice as the first (it is), and now that I am here, I keep thinking of other colors that would work.  Forest green.  Taupe but dark taupe.  Even that deep aubergine. Anything to contrast the cream that doesn't  conflict with the red.  The red is all.  

My head is full of a green one.  But.  

When this one is done, I have only one more that is in line to be made.  I won't  talk about it yet but it is dear to my heart and I do look forward to it.  Any other blankets I make will be different and will be made later next year.  

There are serious sweater knitting things that need to happen and lace that I have dreamed of as well as a miniature garden that has been in mind for more years than I care to remember.  And if I really get to thinking about what I need, my sock drawer is looking a wee bit pitiful.  It comes from a problem with finishing socks that I have had this year.  The lineup of things I need to knit to clothe myself is strong.  The lineup of things I want and dream of knitting is endless and includes more sock monkey blankets.

** If my word usage is a bit odd, odder than normal that is, I am watching Jane Austen from Britbox and her older english language usage always creeps in to my own.  I tried to weed it out, but it overwhelms.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like green. Green had never crossed my mind for the "Sock Monkey Blanket" until you mentioned it, but I think that it would be a really great choice too. It would also be extremely popular with my family and friends. We are really big John Deere fans out here in the country. I would just need to land on the right green and then I'd be off.

Thanks Needles!

Fay