Thursday 15 October 2020

So close and yet, so far, far away.

So close and yet, so far, far away.

I thought I would make it yesterday.  I had nothing else much to do.  Not a lot of housekeeping tasks, some good videos and coffee at hand and not too many rows left to knit in the pattern.  I really thought I would make it.  Plus I meant to keep knitting till it was done.

But no.  I got to the end of a program and was about to put in another and I realized that while the spirit said I could do it, the eyeballs were tired and so was the brain and that leads to only one thing in knitting.  Trouble.  So I went to bed with a round of purl, a round of pattern stitch and another of purl to go.


I have no idea how many stitches there are on each side right now.  I did think about counting, but there is a point where counting makes it harder to go on.  To be clear, I am not there yet.  I think that has to be a higher number for my pea sized brain.  No, the cable of my needles isn't letting me count safely.  There are too many stitches on it and I worry that stitches would slip off.  That would hurt right now, even with a fairly well mannered sticky yarn.  You never know what could go wrong dropping stitches at this point.  I will wait till I am actually knitting.

I was thinking about it and once the pattern rounds are done, I am going to do a couple rounds of plain knitting to make a nice crisp cream edge to work with as I knit the edging stitches off.  That will hide any ugly joins and those times you need to work extra rows in a corner and things like that.  

What all that means, pattern work and spare cream rounds, is that the chance of me starting work on the edging today is probably zero.  And that is a good thing.  I don't quite have my edging choice clear just yet.  

I have till tomorrow.  No rush.



In spain

No comments: