Wednesday 21 October 2020

I finished a Thing!

I finished a thing!  I am a wee bit shocked that I did but wow.  I finished.  I had almost forgotten what that feels like.




I finished my wristwarmers from Cat Bordhi's Pure Garter Stitch Mitts.  They yarn is Urth Uneek Worsted and I don't seem to have a colourway noted.  Sorry about that.  This is what it looked like at the start.  




They do look different on each side, which makes them kind of funky, but it is just part and parcel of the way the yarn was dyed.  It isn't nearly as brightly coloured as I thought it would be, but it is pleasing in it's contasts and warm brandy undertones.   





They look a bit strange don't they, but then, they just popped off the needles when I took the pictures.  I wore them to sleep last night and they look more like real people hands now.  

And I won't be stash diving today either.  I have company coming on the weekend and I have a sweater to finish and send along home with them.  


I think it is just button bands and possibly the sleevelets, but that ought to be very doable by Saturday afternoon.  The bigger problem is buttons.  I think I have some tiny pearl buttons set aside for this somewhere.  It is the somewhere that kind of scares me.



No comments: