Friday 18 September 2020

An Enchantment of Lace

I was captured yesterday, enchanted if you must know by the glory of knitting lace.

Like most things knitted lace, this sweater is hard to put down.  I knit and knit and just never seem to get tired of working on it. I pick it up and go straight to my hyper focus place of peace and joy.  Almost.   Everything I am wants to knit on that lace shawl but the yarn won't arrive till next week. I have no idea why I did not pick this sweater up last time I was waiting for yarn.  It sure scratches the lace knitting itch and the sweater might be done.

I took the sweater to past the bottom of the armhole, which means I am now working back and forth.  It is going unbelievably fast.  Not really but with the stitches gone for the base of the armholes and the further decreases to get the sahpe Kate has on this pattern, there are comparably few stitches left to work on and it just zooms along.  



It seems like the shoulders are not really shaped, but are more like a gansey is with a simple no shaping.  The sleeves are also a bit looser than something like Joji Locatelli's sweaters but that suits the more gansey style shape of this one.  So it will go quick and fast to the end.

I have a bit of sewing today.  More masks will help for school where even my grade ones are wearing them all the time.  A couple more masks means less worry about getting them washed and dried properly every day.  It's kind of like changing your underwear daily. It works best if you have more than a couple.  They are cut out and ready to sew so easy peasy.  I just need to do it.  Plus it is time to make some for me too.  I hate the mask the landlord gave me.  I think it will be much easier to catch my breath with one of these handmade ones.  I am going to have to cut out a couple of those though.  The kids size is just a tad too small for my face.

So mask making, some chores and a little bit of knitting.  Sounds like a pretty good day coming my way.  

No comments: