Friday 7 August 2020

Sock weather.

I feel as if I have spent the whole week driving.  Seriously, I used an entire tank of gas this week and that was only the fourth tank that I have put in my car this entire year.  But it was all good.  Some of it was spent going to Devon and the rest of it was used taking kids back to their home.  Thankfully their dad brought them to me in the evening so all I had to do was take them back..
Add caption
 
His sister wasn't around during pictures.  She was enjoying the freedom of her bike.  Marcus was learning to play chess.  It didn't last long.  At this point he prefers x's and o's but only because you can stack the very cool pieces.

What have I been up to?  Well, not much since I wrote last.  I have a dress that just needs the skirt attached and the hem done and that is about it.  Just one of those weeks and I am not surprised.  It has, oh yes and hard to believe I am saying this, but it has been too hot to knit.  There have been a few days, yesterday included where thinking was almost too much in this heat.  

I know that I can tolerate it, and that if I had to get used to it, I would, but I am not really a hot weather soul.  Hot beaches are not my forte, though when it is -40, it does sound appealing, but it really isn't something I go looking for.   Hot bath, yes, but then that is just a momentary thing isn't it, and a hot bath even on a hot day can make you feel better.  

I am much more interested in damp cold and the sort of weather where I can wear lovely sweaters and feel just perfectly comfortable.  

Hot as it was yesterday, today is chilly.  30 C yesterday and 12C today. And now it is time to do what I came in to this room to do.  Time to put on socks. 12C is sock weather.


No comments: