Thursday 4 June 2020

The problem of the shawl

Well, this is interesting.  After many years, there are some very different things on the blog platform.  That is ok, because I hope that means it remains a valid supported thing.  I couldn't do without the blog.  Onwards.


This morning, I picked up the shawl to work on.  I took a photo but quickly realized that this kind of shawl has a display problem.  I can only show you from its earliest inception







To its latest.  It looks the same.  It only looks larger than it was in the last picture because I have shown all the photos of it together.  

I know it is growing.  I am midway through ball number two and I know that it is growing against the length of my needle so I am good with that.  But it doesn't do a whole lot for photography.  It remains plain, through a great deal of knitting.  It only get exciting for a moment at the midpoint and then again, when the edging and borders start.  I am looking forward to that.  

I have also comitted myself to making a shawl of a good size, even if that means I have to order more of the cream yarn, even if it means a lot more cream yarn.  A too small square shawl just isn't good and I really really do want this to be square.

I am going to knit on Amy's sweater today.  I didn't get to it at all yesterday.  The entire day did not go the way I thought it would, but that is okay.  What I did do was fun and interesting and it leaves me to move forward today with a lot of energy.

I am going digging in the sweater chest today.  It is chilly and promises to be wet and not a lot warmer as the day goes on.  A good warm sweater is needed.  I am pulling on the warm socks too.  It is just one of those days.  


No comments: