Wednesday 1 July 2020

Linen. Also Happy Canada Day

I am not sure if I am still on my vacation or not but I wanted to post this.  I was digging in my laundry basket the other day and I came scross this most interesting thing.  I had sort of forgotten that I had tossed it in the laundry a couple loads ago.  

It is the swatch that I made for a Shakerag top from Modern Daily Knitting.  It has been some time since I did the swatch.  April 29 if the blog can be believed, and it has been floating around ever since, eiher on the way into the laundry or in the bottom of the to fold hamper. When my hand came on it the other day, I had to stop and think for a second just where it was from.  And then I realized and


it may be love, true love.  The only thing more wonderful may very well be a commecial jersey knit linen top that a friend has. She showed it to me and if I was a different sort of person, I would swathe myself in that fabric and be utterly in heaven.   What delicious hand this has.  Such drape.  I love wool, but this is something that is a whole different class, literally and figuratively.  Knit linen.  Wow.

I have two things that I must knit first.  I must finish Amy and Olga's sweaters and then I will just knit for me.  Only me.  And that is when I can work on the splendor of this. 

It is rather marvelous indeed.

Also, Happy Canada Day!   

No comments: