Tuesday 28 January 2020

Found things

Last Friday, I dusted shelves and put away piles of books.  It's good once in a while to see if everything fits on the shelves.  It is also rather pleasant not to tip over the piles as you walk by.  It was getting perilous and it was past time.

Because I was taking things off, dusting and putting them back, I found a few things I thought were gone.

I found an oldie but a goodie by Amy Singer, No Sheep for You, I am happy to say.  I feared it had been sent to new owner in one of my moves.  There are still things I have yarn for in that book and I would love to knit them.  

I still have Liz Uptis great book, Latvian Mittens.  I have always wanted to knit mittens in those brilliant sprightly patterns.  I hanker after the teeny mittens.  They make my heart beat fast.  

And I found this.  


Last winter, I purchased yarn.  I meant to knit each of my kiddies a sock monkey for the fun of it.  I knew that I had it but every time I searched, I came up empty. I feared it had gone in a move as things sometimes do. I still wouldn't have found it this time, had I not been dusting the shelves and moving books.  It was there, tucked half into a crewel embroidery book, hidden by the spine of the larger book.  

It is all I can do to get these monsters and bed socks out of the way, so I can use the needles to make mini versions of these sweet monkey.  I am working as fast as I can and it feels so slow.

Today is spinning in the morning.  If I recall how to do it, I will be finishing a braid of pretty blue.  If I recall.  Of course I will.

Updated to add

My scarves.  I forgot my scarves!

Yesterday I wore a favourite made from Silk Blend by Manos del Uraguay, the Oscilloscope shawl.  I love this though I wish it were larger.


Because I am out today, the weather will be in charge of what I wear today.  I am not sure yet just what it will be.

No comments: