Monday 6 January 2020

Adulting is hard.

This was going to be a post with a thousand pictures because on Sunday, I started a major clean in my yarn closet.  That means finding stuff I have to knit right now, stuff I want to already be knitting, things and patterns I almost forgot about till I saw it again.  I was going to take a ton of photos so you could see what I do when I play in my stash.

And then I found out that the batteries in both my cameras were dead and I didn't feel like taking phone pictures of dragging my tablet in here while digging.  The tablet wasn't a safe option (no surface to set it safely on) and I hate dealing with phone photos.

And then I realized as I went through each bin, that I am greedy and I want to knit it all.  Right now.

I acted with great strength, did some serious adulting and I put yarn back in the closet that had been out and took out less than what I put in.  I only allowed myself to take out yarns for summer things and light weight things.  It is that time of year where if I really  intend to have a garment to wear for summer, I ought to be knitting it now.  and I do indeed intend to have hand knits to wear for summer.

Before that can happen, these need to be completed.


This is much farther along than this photo, well below the under arms, IIRC, but so finishing shouldn't take long.  it just needs to happen so I can wear this pretty yellow top for spring and summer.

And this one.


This one I really liked knitting, but what I wanted to happen at the underarms, did not work out.  I set aside for a good think and whoa, the good think too 2 seasons.  I have decided to pull it back to the underarms and follow the lace pattern from the Nora Gaughan's Greagle.  I have the pattern book and it is such a lovely lace to knit and wear.  Because of the gauge of this one, it is going to be a relatively fast project.

I took out yarn for two other summer tops.  One is a larger gauge and will be a fast knit.  It is something I used before for a top that just did not work and I know how nice the yarn is.  It will be a striped project, so again a fast and easy knit.  I hope.   The last is a wool but a very airy fingering weight but is very simple to knit project.  The top I plan for from that is this one, Blanche by  Veronika Jobe.  I adore this summer top and there will surely be more than one.

In the meantime, I am going to keep myself busy finishing things that are already on the needles. But more than just tops.  For fun, the blankie will be finished.  And the cowl.  And the... Seriously, it is all fun.

So, plans for future things I dream about knitting, but not a whole lot of yarns pulled out.  Adulting is hard.  Isn't that the way of things.

No comments: