Friday 27 September 2019

A Push is Required.

Here is that dastardly missing bag of knitting.



I found it right bout where I thought it would be, sitting quietly at the top of the stairs waiting for me.  Next time I stuff it in my bag, the bag is going to get zipped closed.  Also next time, I ought to be using the bigger bag I made myself last year.

Today, I have a couple things that I am going to work on.  I am going to go and do some weaving and when that is done, I am going to pay some attention to the fleece waiting for combing.  I sure would like to get that complete before winter sets in and with winter feeling like it is setting in right now,  I feel the urge.

But I also want to work on a sweater today.  I want to knit on dad's vest and get that done, and I probably will, but I have also been thinking about the things I have that are on the needles for myself that need doing.


The jacket.  The dark grey yarn that I ordered from Macausland ought to be here shortly so that can get back under way.  It is needed ASAP.

And this.


 I am so close to having the body done on this sweater and I really cannot wait to wear it.  It makes for a great fast feeling knit with its sections.  It feels as if a weeks worth of effort will grant me a sweater.  I know it will take a bit longer than that.  I have sleeves to knit so three weeks is more realistic.

And this.


Ysolda Teague's lovely design, which I think about a lot.  I am so looking forward to working with the  Briggs and Little Sport again.  This knitting needs to be done when I have a lot of time and my head is clear, because the design grows and each row is different.  In the Lopi sweater, I can look forward to large blocks of rest so it feels faster.  All the easy knitting on this sweater happens after the intense start.

And this.


My lovely Harrisville Myrtle. Ish.

Once the furnace does its wake up cycle, the house cools and a sweater is required and I think of each of these, all this lovely warm wool.

Thinking about these brings to mind that I have two other tops on the go, summer tops, which brings the grand total of sweaters I am working on to six.  Plus dad's vest.  I don't think I have ever had this many garments on the needles at one time before and that can only mean one thing.

I need to finish these before I can start more.  Starting is easy. Finishing, not so much.  I need a push and today's chilly temperature is giving me just that.

1 comment:

Ursula Hopkins said...

Hi Denise, I wish you luck with your sweaters. Your knitting is beautiful, so much variety.
Happy knitting, Ursula
ursula.hopkins@bell.net