Tuesday 3 September 2019

Go North

I am here. Now.

I wasn't here last week.  I was there.




There was a lovely little rustic cabin in Northern Saskatchewan, not too far from Prince Albert National Park at Anglin Lake.  Northern is debatable.  It is not even an hour north of Prince Albert, but once you leave that little city, you really are north.  My sister knew of it and did the arranging.  I would love to go back and just sit and knit on the lovely little deck.

Because it was pretty much the same distance from here to the lake direct, versus a stop in Saskatoon, I did stop and start my trip in Saskatoon.  It gave me a chance to visit the lovely yarn store there, Prairie Lily, and pick up some yarn for a couple projects for the fall.  More on that as I work them up.

And I knit.  I had two projects along, but I found the blanket was my best bet. 


For the dimensions I want, I am almost halfway there.  I worried about how my hands would cope, but seriously, so long as I am mindful about keeping my hands relaxed, and not let them go to the grip of death, I am fine.  Big needles.  Who knew?!!

My trip also included  side trip to our old farm, which is once again, lived on and at by a new family.  I am so happy about that.  It is really wonderful to see it with a lovely new home and kids and a wee doggie.  It was nice to see the changes in the community and still to feel like it was, at the heart of it,  the place I remember.  It was sad and happy and more than a little nostalgic.

Back to routine today.  Back to errands that should have been done last week, like the plates for my car.  Little stuff like that.  And knitting.  Lots and lots of lovely knitting to do.

No comments: