Wednesday 14 August 2019

More of It.

Tuesday arrived in haste and yet, the day itself seemed long.  In the evening I had to check if it was actually Tuesday.  The kids are starting to struggle a little.  They don't realize just how much they miss momma but they fall apart for such little things.  Grandma is trying to give them the space they need to be sad.  It helps a bit when they talk to dad but right now, they just want mamma.

I wish yesterday had given me more knitting, but the lack of it may be why the day went on forever.  Today will be better.  Today there will be more knitting.


I don't know how it looks to you but it feels marvelous.  Still like kittens.  I think part of what I was disatisfied about was how strong the much lighter colour of the silk thread is than the Adam and Eve.  

My original vision of these two yarns was all about the ghost of the silvery warm haze on the surface and I think I just wasn't quite prepared for the real thing.  The haze doesn't show up immediately.  It sort of shows up as it worms its way out between the warm dark base.  Once it sat in the bag for a few months, it had all popped out to show what it would truly be, and that is exactly what I was looking for.  

I didn't really notice the difference in how it looked newly knit versus slightly used but it is very apparent to me now.  It's easy luxurios knitting, suitable for knitting while watchimg kids play.  There will be much more of that today.  

No comments: