Monday 15 July 2019

Bright yelow

Afternoons are it, I guess.  

I have been working a lot on my pretty yellow top.  It is really starting to look like a little summer top.  


I sat down and worked on this for three hours this morning.  Not solid hours, but hours with rest periods built in.  And tea.  And a bit of thinking.  

I took out my green sweater, which is my gold standard for things I have ever knit for the way they fit, and looked to see what I had done that made it work so well.  


If you look you can see a couple rows of increases on the backside that started just about the waist.  I have a generous behind (putting it mildly) and there isn't any way to have something fit nice, without taking that difficult art of me into the mix.  The front increases remain the same as they were all through the top, which is just at the sides.

I would like to have a similar fit.  I know the drape will be different on this top than on the green wool and cotton.  I hope for better but if all I get is a decent fit, I am okay with it.  The yarn is going to speak for itself in this cotton hemp blend and I have high hopes that it will sing loud and proud.

Three hours is enough for today, enough of this yarn at least.  I am going to settle down to knit on the Einband and then process a bit more fibre.  I think I will be filling a second bag before long. 



This bag is full now (photo at the start of yesterday's work) .  It seems silly to pack it in when I have lots of bags.  I want t keep it airy to work with.  


No comments: