Wednesday 17 July 2019

All Mine.

Bobbin replication?  Why yes.  It seems logical for the bottom of a beer can cooler bag, doesn't it?  So summer somehow. 

I still cannot figure out when I spun that fibre.  I thought it might be some that was long missing, but the colours do not match.  I am going to have to wade through this blog and my photo record to see if I can find a hint of what it is.  I know that I have no picture of it before starting and no notes on it as I worked on it.  I only updated my stash to include fibre last winter and that, at least gives me a bit of a timeline.  Sometime more than a year and a half ago.

Today was an errand day for me.  Groceries and mail.  But that is okay.  Just lookie what came in the mail for me.



This is a pure tussah silk DK weight yarn and there is lots of it.  I love Tussah silk.  It has a wonderfully rustic look and has marvelous drape and flow and is comfortable to wear in cold weather and far easier to wear in hot weather than finer silk.  It breathes better. 


I couldn't help working up a quick and dirty swatch. I pronounce it quite marvellous.

And do you know what the best part was?  It was a bargain, a down like bargain acrylics bargain.  All 2500 metres of it cost a measly forty two Canadian dollars plus eight dollars shipping.  It was such a great deal from Colourmart and I could not help myself. 

I need to shop there more.  Not really, but maybe you need to.  I have enough yarn.  I have more than enough yarn.  I have had more than enough yarn for a very long time.  But I wanted it and I could easily afford it and it is mine.

Bwahahahaha

No comments: