Friday 28 June 2019

Yesterday ended up being a not much knitting sort of day and I can tell that what I really need is a good long lovely day of just knitting.  Sadly, the day was spent having a nap.  Several naps and even worse, several sections of the day were useless staring at the TV with no motivation to do more. That is what comes from having a no coffee day.  Today will be better.  I have coffee.

As to the not knitting, my hand is a bit stressed and has been since I knit those little soap cozies.  I am not sure why, but knitting small things seems to exacerbate hand stress.  Not socks though and I have no idea why.  Perhaps needle size?  

But I have been dreaming, even yesterday during staring at the TV time.  I was dreaming of what to knit next.

I want some plain wear everywhere sweaters.  A henley type neckline.  A nice close fitting neck otherwise.  Full length sleeves.  I think these are some of the things I am going to have on the next one.  Maybe.

And then along comes a couple of things that blow my mind and might lead to changing any plan I ever thought of.  

Like the Rusty Tuku pattern by Susanne Sommer.  Those stripes defining the shoulders?  Brilliant.  Just divine.

Or Teresita by Amy Christophers from Berroco Designs  but I would knit it as a sweater, not a poncho.  I love that idea for keeping  sweater closed forever.

And Kame by Aude Martin from Wool People 13.  I love that neck.  Climbing up the back of the neck like that?  It is exactly what I need for that chill down my back feeling winter brings.  I have some reservations that having the sleeve seams sit so far back might lead to the sweater always wanting to ride back on the wearer, but I think the only way to know that is to knit it.  I have seem a few other sweaters with that shoulder set and couldn't find anyone saying anything negative about wearing them.

I've been feeling a little bit stuck in the mud about what to knit next.  Part of it is that though I know I want some plain sweaters, I don't want to actually knit plain sweaters. I like having one small kick, one little twist to a plain project that blows it out of the ball park.  I guess.     

There really isn't any reason for feeling stuck.  I have a sweater waiting in Briggs & Little Sport that has some wonderful colourwork.  I have a HUN which is ongoing and is exciting enough with its colourwork bands, and I have my Einband shawl to work on right now when I need to.  I could always pop out a Leisl


I suppose, but I would have to think about the yarn.

I really want to focus on getting my summer tops done, but both my remaining summer tops are in the long stockinette body or close to it.  It takes some gumption to keep going.  It is Friday, so i am just going to wish me gupmtion to keep going.  I think.

No comments: