Thursday 6 June 2019

Begin Again

Yesterday, I started work with Paton's Hempster, a cotton and hemp blend.  I have been mulling patterns for a while and settled on the Shakerag Top from Mason Dixon Transparency, Field Guide No. 6. 

I did a large swatch and thought, yeah it will be fine with the right needles.



Not that I felt any of the three needle sizes I used for the swatch were the right size, mind you, but I moved forward with it anyway.  You know that thing where you are blind to something and a good sleep takes care of it?  Well, a good sleep made me see that even on the largest size needles, a size 5.5, the sections where two strands of yarn needed to be held together, were stiff and much to firm for what should have been a drapey fabric. Rock Toasties firm.

Wrong yarn for that pattern.  For the rest of the day, I worked on my Daisies top.


I started this when I started the same top in Remix Light, intending them to be the same top but for the lace bit.  I can tell you, I am not doing the out of control flare again.  No way.  Just to much knitting!  It is going to be a more toned down version with shaping to fit me, which is already plenty of stitches in a row.

But because this yellow bright cheery yarn is the yarn I want to work with,


I found another pattern that I hope works, the Cascadas Tee.   There is a lovely little lace pattern around the yoke and it is designed to be knit from the top down, my favourite thing.  I'm hoping that a bit of lace with crisp well defined lines, is this yarns forte.

I'm taking today a bit easy again.  Feeling much better today.  No headache!  and the rest of the stuff I have been feeling seems to be leveling out.  Thank heavens.  

No comments: