Tuesday 23 April 2019

A Good Stop

The yarn store was open, so I had a nice visit.  I came home with a few things and one thing I was hoping for.


This is my bonus yarn, Berroco Remix in the aran weight rather than the light that I am working with now.  They call it a pink but to me it reads much more like a lavender tweed with some pink in it.  I am so pleased to find this. It's a wonderful yarn to work with.

What I was hoping for was more linen. This is Fibra Natura Flax Lace.   I picked some up last year on my stop at the end of my epic journey


but wanted more to do a Shakerag top from the Mason Dixon Field Guide No.6, Transparency. It is a easy styled striped top where the stripes are made by double stranding the yarn and then single stranding.  I love the way it looks, and I love that easy style.

So now my only problem is that I want to knit it immediately.  However, I will behave.  No casting on new tops till I finish the one I am working on.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I sent an email. I love the lace on Friday’s post. GD