Thursday 7 February 2019

Utterly absorbing

Yesterday was the first day I was at home since Friday.  I made a pot of tea and then I had a nap.  I did dishes.  I washed a couple sweaters.  Ordinary tasks for an ordinary day, but not a lot of knitting.  I was just happy to be home and to have my own routine.  A few more weeks of this major gig, I hope. For now I am free till Monday.

Back to work on Hun today.    



It feels like I haven't knit on this at all.  It feels like it is just zipping along.  Reality says that each section is taking me a day, even the plain green sections bordered by the rust.  It feels fast because like all stripes, there is something to look forward to in just a few rows.

I am nicely below the underarm


and am working my way through the green section.  This is such an easy sweater to modify because of all the green sections. 

All the increases in rows can happen there and if you were taller than average or short between bust and hip as I am, you would add or subtract rows in the green sections and that is what I am doing.  I've kept to the pattern so far for how long each green section is, but the remaining green sections will get just a little longer.    Hun, by design is short for what I prefer, so each green section will be a little longer, but not horrendously so.  My plan is to keep adding rows as is done right from the top so that by the very bottom of the sweater, I am at 12 or possibly 15 rows of green.  

If I can't get the length I want by doing that, then I will have to find another slightly larger Icelandic style motif to make another band of colourwork.  I have lots of yarn so that isn't a concern.  It does mean quite a bit more work on my part though. 

So on it goes, one step at a time, this lovely utterly absorbing knit. I am just tickled pink that I get to play with her today!

No comments: