Wednesday 23 January 2019

The Mess

The sweater still looks like the sweater, the socks still look like the socks, the shawl still look like the shawl, the scarf still looks like the scarf.  And that is how things are today.  there was a little progress on each of those but nothing to write home about.  Or here.

I did take some cool photos of my glasses


One for regular wear, one cut high for the computer, and one with a plain lens for watching movies and tv, particularly valuable when I am watching from my bed, as I often do.

I have a project this afternoon.  I, who am noted for my lack of being tidy, loathe disorder.  On my terms.  If I don't have place for it, get rid of it, whatever it is.  That is really how I would manage in a perfect world.  In a perfect world, stuff would stay in order because it would have a tidy home to go too.

I keep my craft things on some of my extra Billy bookcases.  (Extra after an extreme culling of books on moving from the wee house).  I had 4 of the short billy's and what I had room for was two tall ones.  I stacked them and made them one.  Everything else in my room is black or white but these are brown. I planned to paint them white and put some yellow fabric on the backing to give a huge pop of colour to that side of the room.  

As things go, they are still brown and I don't know that they will ever be painted. They hold some paperbacks I am fond of and a selection of craft books that did not fit on the shelves in the living room as well as all the many bits and pieces for doing and making.  Everything but the yarn.  


Well, okay.  Some yarn. When I moved the bookcase to the computer side of my room, I organized it with all the things I didn't mind looking at on top.  Books, pretty yellow boxes.  The bottom half  is stuff I use all the time, but it always looks messy.  Even when my room is perfectly tidy and clean, it looks a mess.  I loathe that more than you can imagine.   

The plan for this afternoon is to cover up that ever changing mass of stuff with a simple white curtain.  I chose a curtain rod designed to keep light out of a room, so you won't even be able to see the mess from the sides.  I picked up the fabric from Ikea because, I see no reason to pay more for simple white nice crisp cotton than I have to. $3.99 is a very good price.  And can you think of anywhere else that you can get linen yard goods for under ten dollars.  Me either. I am seriously thinking of purchasing some of the linen just in case even though I have no where to use it in my home.  It is really lovely stuff.

I had planned a visit with a friend today too.  I was so looking forward to that but I'm snorting and sneezing this morning like nobody's business, and rather than spread my germs, I will stay home. The sewing and the knitting will have to be enough.       
 

No comments: