Thursday 6 December 2018

What is wrong with this picture?

What is wrong with this picture?






















See how the lower needle just sits so free of any stress?  Note the loose stitches on the right hand side?

Yup.

Could have cried. Not really though.  This isn't a yarn that is particularly glossy or slippy.  I wouldn't say that stitches won't run but it seems to stay, more or less, put.  After the cable snapped, I very carefully folded it together and tucked it in its bag to await getting the needle sorted out. 

That is the hard part you see.  I have dozens of needles.  I have tips and cables galore.  Two different brands of tips and needles.  But I don't think I have anymore of this particular size.  Or I have one and it is wood and my gauge would change.

Somewhere among all the projects are the rest of my fleet of needles and I am just going to have to sit down and sort it out which one can take freeing from its needles best.  That is going to have to wait for the weekend. I just don't have the energy to dig right now.

It ought to be noted for posterity that when I refer to energy, I am referring to mental energy.  I am not so much physically tired as mentally tired.  I am really looking forward to this weekend. 


No comments: