Monday 10 December 2018

Saturday work.

I had lots to do on Saturday.  Besides starting a big clean, I knit.  I knit a lot.

I knit several inches on the body, getting well last the last increase round and then I had a decision to make.  Do I want a split hem or just keep on doing it in the round.  

There are several good reasons for doing it in the round.  It's fast to knit, always doing the same thing, zipping along like nobody's business. Ribbing at the bottom and then done.  There are reasons to not do this.  It gets a little bit boring.  There are a lot of stitches on the needles and without the increases to watch for, it can take forever to get anywhere.  


I opted for a split.


It is far too easy to stop a sweater too soon because I am bored to tears with that wall of stockinette.  Even on a nice project.  Even with a nice yarn.  Somewhere about row 732 or 955, I just cannot will myself to go on.  So I quit and live with something less than I hoped for.

I like this too much to have it happen here.  Splitting the hem at the side ribbing sections, seemed like the wise thing to do.  Last time I measured, I was at 4 inches.  I am hoping for 6 minimum before I start the ribbing.  This ribbing section will be about the same long as the shoulder saddle is wide.

Tomorrow back to playing with my kiddies.  Kind of looking forward to it.  Hoping nobody get sick again.


No comments: