Monday 3 December 2018

Another week closer to Christmas

That rather sums up my weekend, because on Friday evening, the kids came home with me.  this was for something that momand I had worked out long before her job came up.  We decorated the tree and played and then my wee guy wasn't feeling well and didn't want grandma to leave his side.  Poor thing.  I highly suspect he had what invaded my household for the month of November.  On the upside, I am cured!.  So much so that I went to get my almost too late flu shot.

All this non knitting was fine, because there was a lot of knitting through the week last week.

We have Griege.  I really ought to call this really nice looking sweater by a nicer name.


This is just about the truest colour photo I have of the yarn and the more I knit, the more I like it.  Cotton and wool is sublime.   Yarn, thank you for being so cheap, ahem, inexpensive that I couldn't stop myself from buying you.


On other fronts, I really need to whack myself upside the head for this one.  I was so worried that the contrast wouldn't be enough, but just look at how pretty it is.


This photo shows how very lovely that golden brown is, all those subtle colour variations at play.  I am about midway through the second colour. At the same event that I picked up this yarn, one of the little gift things that were in our event bags was tiny skein, half size of size of the mini size I purchased, which were half of a usual mini skein, of this second green.  I am going to knit that in here too.  Because I can. Too pretty too waste.

And then on down to three more ever lightening shades of lovely foresty greens.  I hope she likes it.  I know I do.

Another week closer to Christmas!  

No comments: