Tuesday 13 November 2018

Of knitting and sweet little people

I've been working on a lot of things over the past few days.  Some of the time, I was working a lot on one thing and other times,  I was prancing all over the place. If I only looked at one project, not  lot would have been done, but when I look at them all, I am so happy I got so much knitting time in!

I did some work on my sweater.  Another couple rows and the yoke is long enough to join at the underarm and begin the long process down the sleeves and body of this simple sweater.  By the time I get to the join, I will have used inches shy of two balls of yarn.  I started with 9 hanks of this wonderful thick yarn and getting this far and having used two hanks worries me a bit.  I am going to do the sleeves next.  Much easier to do them now when you do not have the whole body of the sweater to flip on each round.



If I use more than one skein more for each sleeve, then I will certainly run out of yarn.  The plan for this sweater was, I think to have deep ribbings and long cuffs and a sweeping collar, possibly even a hood, but as it stands, I don't have enough yarn for some of that, certainly not the hood.  An order for two more skeins will probably happen once sleeve one is done and I am sure what my yarn needs will be.

The other things I worked on this weekend was my First Point of Libra shawl.  I am in love with the colour gradient all over again.  As you can see, I've just moved into the third colour of five.  The rows are feeling really long but I am saved by the stuff you have to do on the right side rows.  Always something to track my progress.



I was knitting on this at Baba's Attic this weekend and had several nice comments.  One thing about knitting out and about, people always stop and chat.  People loved the colours.

My hope is to finish this up before the end of the year, which is approaching with great speed.  I am knee deep in Christmas shopping at the moment, and getting the house ready to set up the tree.  The living room has been cleaned furniture moved to accommodate the tree.  The sewing is about half done, and it won't take much to finish up.  Everything is moving along nicely, even with reorganizing my study and fooling around with some stuff for myself.

I played with Baby Emmett, darn he was asleep when the camera was out, (stealing one of mommies photos) but what a little charmer he is.


He loves his bouncy chair and talked an played quite happily in it all day.  My sweetie.

And my peanut!


I finally managed to deliver his hat and scarf.  He loves them both, even though he didn't ask for the hat!   Plus as we were talking he told me that he loved the mittens I made for him last year.  He said he wants to wear them everyday, lol.  He is starting to look more and more like his grandpa that he is named for. He was telling me about Grandpa too, which was so sweet.

My Isaac was with his dad for most of the day, but he came home about supper time and we had time for a good talk.  He is growing up, so chatting with grandma isn't that high on hislist, but we had a god talk and we played silly games like when he was small as he was helping the little boys clean up the toys.   We had a nice movie night, all of us together.  I love that more than almost anything, when there are kids sprawled all over wrapped in blankets, watching a movie and there is popcorn and special treats.  My idea of a perfect way to spend an evening and the perfect way to close off a weekend.


No comments: