Friday 24 August 2018

I started

I started another little sweater yesterday...and I am going to have to rip it all out.  I think.


When I look at it up close it feels very, umm wobbly.  It feels too open and the stitches seem much to loosey goosey.  Here in the photo it doesn't look too bad but it just feels too loose as I work it.

I started knitting this on 3.25 mm needles.  Should be fine for an ordinary but very pretty lavender, blue and gray sock yarn when the fabric you are aiming for is for a sweater.

 

I know I had the same problem back with Granito.  I knit that with 3 mm needles and I think that is where this is headed too.  

Either that or I have to knit some socks to get my true tension back.  I knit socks on 2.5 mm needles.  Normally.  If my tension has gone walkabout, who knows how low the needle sizes will go.

Oh well.  It will give me a chance to discuss with the wearer what kind of sweater she wants.  Maybe she wants a sweater to pull over her head rather than one to button up.  Strong opinions on personal fashion are sweet in one so little.  Or should that be big.  My Sweet Thing starts grade one this year.


No comments: