Monday 13 August 2018

Binding off. Again

After knitting on Granito a good long while, this morning finds me binding off the bottom.  Again.


And, as you see, the ribbed bottom is behaving much better.  I think, once washed, it is going be be fine.  I did the Techknitter thing correctly this time and I think it makes a big difference on such a narrow rib.

At the same time as I am binding this off, I am sitting here pretty appalled at my chances for making my Stash Dash goal of 7000 m.  I looked at the yarn I had left in the bag.  I started with 14 balls.  There are 5 untouched balls in the bag plus about a third of the ball I am binding off with.  I still have the ribbing to knit around the neckline so most of the current ball will be used up, but I will have 5 full balls remaining.  Which means I have used only 1800 metres of yarn.  Even my tight estimates were for 2400 metres used.  I thought it would be at least that much.  By using 1800 metres, it means I am not only 2 pairs of socks short of my goal.  I am a sweater short of my goal.

Sigh.

So I guess once this sweater is complete, I am going to have to work hard to get Cat Boat finished.  That really isn't that hard.  I really like working with the yarn, and it works up fast, so yay me.

But another whole sweater?  Sigh. Next year I am going to game the system just a little bit so I have something more in reserve.

No comments: