Thursday 16 August 2018

All That Smoke

In all that smoke yesterday, I took my Easy Bulky One to another level.  Sleeve one is complete.




Looks a bit stubby doesn't it?  My ever so casual try on tells me otherwise. I slip the sleeve on through the neck and place the neck where I hope it will sit.  When I do that, it tells me this sleeve is just right, below the elbow about 4 inches, midway down my forearm.

Doing the sleeves now gave me a chance to try out my colourwork plan.  You can't really see it, but I think it's okay.  Not stunning, but I think it does what it needed to do, which was put a small bit of the green into the rust to help with make the transition a little less jarring.

Because the sleeve is a bit stubby, I didn't do my whole plan for the colour change on the bottom of the sweater.  There simply wasn't enough length and that was with me starting the transition on the second row of sleeve knitting!

Task one for today is to knit sleeve two and then to block them both and see if it looks as good as I hope it does.  Or as I dream it might.  Or as I pray.

Because all that knitting yesterday gave me lots of time to think about things, I pondered what to knit next.  Two sweaters on the needles in my WIP baskets.  Both are in heavier than my usual yarns.  Both yarns are at rich, dense, warm yarns.  When I think about what to knit next, my mind goes straight to Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed Chunky.  I have some marinating in the stash.  It is lovely yarn.  I also spend a lot of time thinking about the gorgeous forest floor green from MacAusalnd's and the fast approaching fall.

It is still smoky here today but our air quality is much improved.  Still, I am so tired of this smoky haze. The Weather Office has started including smoke as a weather condition and we have several more days of this before a breeze will blow it somewhere else though I'm not sure me wishing for a breeze is good for them. Sigh. I know how I feel and cannot imagine how those closer to the fire zone we call BC feel.

The whole province is red. I know it isn't a popular wish or prayer for much of the year, but some rain, maybe even snow would be really good right now for anywhere BC.


No comments: