Monday 22 January 2018

Goodness that was fun

I can't honestly say when I have had such a weekend of utter delight.  I really do think the last time was sitting on my garden swing, turning the heel of my very first sock. It was just such a different approach.  Imaginative.  Bold.  And Garter stitch!  What's not to love!

 
If this project was the defining project to the question are you a process knitter or a project knitter, my answer would simply be yes. 

As much as I loved the knitting, I am so pleased with my choice of yarns.  Kureopatora is a sturdier yarn than Kureyon, beefier, denser, and yet it seemed to knit up just fine with the delicate Clara.  They are just wonderful to wear close to your neck.  Both of them.  Either of them.

I have about 30 grams left.  I worried about running out of yarn for the joining section and could have done another repeat of each yarn before I started the join, but it really is quite perfect as it is in length.  It might have gotten a little long with those last two sections.  I will save that yarn and make some happy hand warmers out of it.

I probably ought to block it to tidy up the ends and smooth it out but seriously, unless I can block this around my neck, not happening.  It is in service.    

Goodness that was fun.
 

No comments: