Friday 15 December 2017

Tuesday, the same day as I dug out and put away all my books several times over, I did some other stuff too.  I went through all my WIP bins to make sure they were clean and tidy and to see what was in each of them.  

I spent some time taking apart Amy's Pole Sweater that I have been avoiding working on for months.



 I was deeply, fundamentally unhappy with the joins.  Such ugly work, and I didn't quite understand why.  Still don't.  I've done perpendicular joins before and they have been fine, so I have no idea what the difference was on this project.  I am restarting and will do better.

Then I took out all the socks and some of them have had work done on them.  No real surprises there.  I always work on socks and I knew these were out there somewhere.

Then I pulled out the red sweater to see what was what.  I had decided to knit the little cap sleeves so that I could just knit till the yarn was gone.  Of course I made that decision before I realized I still had a whole skein of yarn that was not yet wound in this colour and this dye lot.  So no worries.  It will be long enough.  I also realized that if I could finish this little top, it might be nice to wear at Christmas.

And there you have it. Cap sleeves.

 
Well, maybe just a tad longer than a cap sleeve, but a nice short sleeve, to wear with many different combinations of what I already have. Sleeve one took one evening of knitting time.


Two sleeves! Sleeve two took another evening but now they are done and my hands once again will have some relief on the long sweater rows.  

I am pretty sure it was the small scale circulars I was using that made my hand hurt.  I am not really sure what I do with them, but there was a place on these sleeves where I couldn't knit with dpns and it has made my hand just a bit more tense and inflamed it the smallest bit.  So easy knitting only today and then I will consider retiring my entire fleet of small dimension circulars.  Dpns have never hurt my hands.

So, bins cleared and ready for after seasonal knitting.  I should wrap up the sewing project today, or very close to it, so all that remains, of big things to do is the Batman Batgirl Avengers batcave/dollhouse.  I might just make it to ready for Christmas yet.


No comments: