Wednesday 8 November 2017

Lace.

Yesterday was a spinning day, but with hand troubles on both sides, we decided to rest for a week.  My hand is feeling a lot better.  Wearing a brace at the computer and watching my computing time is helping but I think the biggest help is wearing the brace at night.  I massage my arm to loosen the tendons and do stretches every hour and it all seems to be helping.

I decided to work on the lace again yesterday.  I had dropped the side to reknit and tried to sort that out but a few more dropped stitches along the way, and I pulled out the whole darn thing. 






Seriously, the lace is a lovely thing and very intuitive to knit.  It won't take any longer to knit the whole thing that to try and sort out it's failings.  It just looks ugly.  I am 1 side from restarting the lace design and I do hope to accomplish a nice bit of knitting today.

In carefully timed sets scattered through the day of course.

The other thing I want to say for posterity is that I have always felt my life was out of balance.  I seem unable to not fall into something without it becoming my entire life.  I have always felt this was something I needed to work on.  These past weeks, I have been reading, cooking, doing laundry, washing sweaters, sewing, going walking, running errands along with a bit of knitting.  It is as balanced a life as I have ever lived. 

And it is as boring as all get out.  I am looking forward to a full day of knitting in the not too far off future.  I can't wait. 

No comments: