Friday 10 November 2017

Knitting and Redwork, Redwork and Knitting

I think I did too much yesterday.  Or the weather changed or something.  My hand did not wish to participate in anything.  How fragile it is.

I did play with embroidery just a bit.  I picked a smaller thinner hoop that I have on hand to make the process easier and I played around with the birds a bit.

I still have had no good transfer image on to the linen.  It went fine to cotton, so now I am wondering if linen simply is not a good medium to transfer to.  I will do research later. And I have a pen coming to see if that works better.

Meantime, I purchased a roll of tear away stabiliser a while ago for some projects I want to do this winter, and since I have lots on hand, I thought I might try to see if it would work to hold the image which I could then tear away, revealing my completed work on the towel. 



The image show up a lot better than straight onto the linen, but it changes how I have to stitch.  Instead of the smooth outline I am used to I have had to turn to a more point and poke method, to be sure I am getting the stitch onto the fabric below.  But, it is working, though it is a little hard to tell how well.  Still it is okay and I will continue till the pen comes, when I will try that.

But doing this small bit pushed the outer limit of what my hand would do, so nothing for me today.  No printing, no gripping anything.  I can't even use a pencil without stressing the finger at issue.  Thankfully, everything else is fine and only this one stubborn pain remains.  And I think my next visit to the doctor we shall have it looked at.


I did knit, but only managed to get a side and a half of the plain purl round done.  At this rate, it isn't going to make the shipping date.  I may have one other option and I'm going to check into that on Saturday.

No comments: