Wednesday 20 September 2017

I'm a little Teapot short and stout,

I'm a little Teapot short and stout,



in need of a coat 
for when I come out.

This is one of three actively in use teapots I ended up with.  I say ended up with because this was a pot of  no real choices.  It was at the store when I needed a teapot at work.  I have tried to leave it behind and to give it away, but as you see, it remains.  Now it is just one of the gang and not my favourite.  BUT, it is the teapot that is clean this morning, so it is the teapot that will try on the tea cozy.


So, there you have it.


 I want it to sidle up tight to the table top, so I have another cable repeat to do, possibly two.  Might even be three cable repeats, because after my first attempt at a tea cozy was too short and failed to keep my tea warm, I have learned to make sure it is long enough.  I don't want the decrease rows to pull the cozy up either, so longer is better.

It looks to me as if the tea cozy will be ready in time for afternoon tea.  I may have to make some tea biscuits or scones to celebrate the occasion.

 

No comments: