Wednesday 23 August 2017

On the Road Again.

On the road again today, but not far away.  I'm just doing a bit of house sitting while one of my kids is away.  It does get me closer to yarn stores.  Today I am going to venture down to Crafty Lady in Lacombe. 

There was a massive amount of knitting on my Granito yesterday and there was spinning.

Spinning first.  I purchased this massive ball of fibre from River City Yarns a year or so ago.  It might be 2 years.  Its ...its... wow.  I wish I had more.  This will be chain plyed to preserve the fantastic colours.



After this, I am going to do more practice on long draw spinning and spinning from the fold.  I have that bag of gray Shetland to play with and it's going pretty well. 

And then I have got to get my carder out and play with it.  It was such an off the wall purchase but when the chance came up I knew I wanted it.  I love the idea of playing and making batts. 

The first thing I have to do is work on the fleece. that are taking up space in my spare room closet.   Sitting here, I can't even recall what I have.  Those details are in the boxes.  I know I have the very lively Clun Forest.  That is not one I'm working on with the carder, but rather is getting a flick carding treatment.  I had a box of fibre prepped but gave it away to others who were interested in working with it.  I knew that I wouldn't have time for it, and I knew I didn't have room to store it.  It's my turn. 

I know that one is of the others is part rambouillet, but that is all I know other than they are perfect for the carder.

So time to play!

No comments: