Friday 25 August 2017

Gone Adventuring

I didn't get out to Crafty Lady in Lacombe like I planned.  What I was really interested in finding was spinning fibre and Crafty Lady doesn't carry much of that, if any.

I did get out to Pam's Woolly Shoppe though, always an adventure.  I had a really wonderful time.

Really wonderful.

I did get the spinning fibre I was hoping for.



I found some rich deep blue Colour Adventures Falkland Top.  It beat every other colour in stock by a mile.

And some West Coast Colour Biffle.  I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the same colourway as my spinning friend, Frazzeled Knitter worked with a while ago. I know for certain she had this lovely lofty put up.



It was the only colour that there were 2 hanks of in this line.  I much prefer to purchase two braids or about half a pound of fibre if I can.  It expands the range of what you can do with a fibre so much.  Mittens and a hat or a serious shawl or the yoke on a sweater.  All this could be done with the fibre from two braids.

I did some yarn adventuring too simply because of the fantastic colours.  It was just too good to pass up.

It's all Colour Adventure Yarns, Merino Light, which is the loveliest base.  With the passing of the inimitable Elena Nodel, founder along with her husband, of Colour Adventures, A Twist of Yarn  has partnered with Colour Adventure to continue these lovely yarns.

My haul is seriously fine.


Wine


Birch Tree


Rainy Day


Sour Cherry

The colours are deeper and richer than my basic camera could ever capture.  I already have a couple projects in mind for these.  I plan to do some striped shawls, pairing the Birch Tree and the Wine, and Sour Cherry and Rainy Day.  But really who knows.  There will no doubt be a while, till I can knit these marvelous things up.

And then some sock yarns.  




The top yarn with that delicious green and blue is Tiptoe by Diamond Luxury.  Some thoughtful shopper before me paired up the yarns and left them sitting side by side in the sock yarn cubes.  I think for gloves for Isaac and Carter.  I knit mittens for Marcus and Cassie last winter, but never quite got there for my other house of grandkids.  Time to address that. then again, there might be gloves for all four of them.  Gloves. The new socks?  It's an adventure thinking about it.

Everything in knitting is an adventure.  Gone Adventuring.  That is me. 

No comments: