Friday 18 August 2017

Game on.

Yesterday there was no further knitting than what you saw.  Just the sock.  I had a special event happening and it was a wonderful day.

A friend, someone I have known as part of a group of online friends for more than 10 years, just happened to be in town and I had to be in that part of the city, so we managed a quick visit before his flight.

I had online friends before online friends were cool, long before facebook, before myspace was a thing.  We came to be friends in the internets happy place, Achenblog.  What of lovely group of people they are.  And it is such a different feeling when someone you know so much about is met in the real world for the first time.  It was grand.

The rest of my day was spent putting the finishing touches on my room.



To most of you, it must seem that I have been doing that for months.  It is months!  But I guess the thing is that once it is done, it will probably stay that way for almost forever.  Or forever with only a few small changes.  I don't need a lot of changes around me, but I do crave order and sense in the things around me.  When stuff stays in piles it is because it doesn't have a home and that is when I become overwhelmed.  It makes me feel almost claustrophobic.  

Up till now I unpacked.  Getting everything into it's home takes longer.  

The last part of the great clean is going to be to mess it all up again.  It is time for the seasonal wool dive and closet clean.  It will also be me pulling out yarns I want to knit up in the next little bit.  And to put away the things I thought I might might knit last time I played in the yarn.  There is always some of that. 

Up today is some knitting this morning and then playing with some of my kiddies.  The landlord is bringing home supper, so I don't have to worry about that. This evening I am going to watch an old movie, Renaissance Man and knit and knit and knit.  

Let's see if one of these sweaters is ready to finish by next week.  Game on.



No comments: