Sunday 10 July 2016

I thought I was done

I was going along thinking I had the dishcloth thing mastered. 

And then, I picked up and knit just a few more, trying to mix up the colour combinations to see what I could come up with. It started with a variation on the blue with blue/green/white colourway, second down in the pile from last week.  

 This variation I changed out the plain blue for the brilliant green.



If that isn't an amazing transformetion, I don't know what is.  Well except maybe for this.

I had this glum green tones yarn called guacamole.

It really didn't work with the bright green. I debated about knitting it alone, but I hated the thought of something so blah. So I went non traditional. 

There is quite a bit of deep navy in my stash from puppet making.  It struck me that that is what a thing called guacamole needed, something crisp and strong to set it off.     I love this so well that I could almost see me wearing a tank top of it.  But...

It's not going to happen.  Besides, it didn't look like Mary Maxim had Guacamole anymore. Stash busting lives to tell a tale another day.

No comments: