Tuesday 31 May 2016

Mundane Things

A couple weeks ago, when I was in the throes of settling in, I realized that I needed to get stuff off the floor in a big way. 

One of the really tough things, living in a room this small is what to do with the dirty clothes.  There is no space for a proper laundry hamper and many small loads, like at the wee housie are not really an option. For one thing, there is a family here, also washing clothes, and the other, this laundry pair is huge.

It seemed to me that it might be time for a laundry bag. There is a place to hang it, that doesn't get in the way, and it kind of squishes behind the door without impeding opening. I pulled out my box 'o cotton dish cloth like yarn, and away I went.


Because it is a laundry bag, I don't care what it looks like.  I only care that it be sturdy and not take a year to make.  I had one skein of a chunky blue Sprout left from a blanket project and cast on.  Or chained as the case may be.  I started with a single chain, and then worked on both sides of that foundation chain to start. At each end of the chain I worked 3 stitches in one, to give me a nice turn, and after that, I worked in rows up the bag to make a reasonably sized bag about the size of a pillow case.  When the first yarn ran out, I pulled out a couple skiens of multi coloured Cloud Cotton.  About the time I realized it was long enough, I ran out of yarn. So back to the stash and I pulled out some leftover Chunky Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton Chunky. A couple of rows of singles for a nice sturdy top, and done.

One ugly as sin laundry bag that is doing a really fine job keeping my room in order. Which I wouldn't have told you about at all, except yesterday was not a day ofr knitting.  It was a day of errands and decisions and getting other things done.  

Today is a day of spinning.  Maybe knitting too.  We shall see how much change I can find.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

As the saying goes...form follows function!