Thursday 20 August 2015

Because you can't do it all in one day

and because I wanted to see if this would work,


and it does!

I took this picture sitting in my computer chair and as you can see, there is plenty of room.  I have the back end of things sitting and held wide and in place, by the back of the daybed.  It has little uprights that are just about meant for a job like this.  There is going to be a bit of a wrinkle when I work the last row of squares, but if all I have to do is the last row when the frame is sitting on both legs, eating up all the floor space in the room, I win.  I will move it as needed.  One of the best parts is, that it can be easily adjusted and shifted along the back of the daybed frame to get at my books and the lace.  Which, as you can see, still needs to be moved. The lace, that is.

Because you can't do it all in one day. And because by the time the cleaning was done, my fingers wanted to do a little stitching.  So they did.

My daughter in law is just returned from visiting her family in Kiev and she was sweet enough to bring me a little something back.


Its a beautiful bag made out of a linen, with a brilliant spray of flowers embroidered on it, a great large sized shopping bag. It is far too nice for something so mundane as shopping, so it is my new sweater knitting project bag.  It is home to my Ripstick sweater and is just a treat to work from.

After the whole days work was done, I sat down and knit on good old Ripstick till my hands decided they were done. A glass of wine and a bit of reading and it was time for bed.

I feel energised and refreshed again this morning.  Maybe if you can't do it all in one day, you can do it in two?    


No comments: