Thursday 7 May 2015

Slacking off continues

I don't know why, but sometimes when I do something besides knitting, I feel as if I am doing something illicit.

That is what yesterday felt like.

I had to do a bit of a stash dive.  I needed some purple for Cassie's next sweater, and I wanted to see if I could find some pink cotton and silk for a dress bodice for her.

I dived and found everything, but came out with some extra too.

 I have had these large skeins of cotton for a long time.  I bought them to make a table runner and placemats a long time ago.  I started making the runner on my loom, and did about half of the length I would have needed for the table.  And then I did not need that anymore.   What the heck do I do with it?

Well, there are always baskets.
So yesterday, I started working on another basket.  I am using the same basic pattern as the other baskets I made, the Crocheted Stash Basket from Purl Soho, available now only as a Ravelry download, but still free.

Once again, the bottom of mine is not smooth.  I think its one of those fine points of crochet;  I am too loose or I am too tight.  I think I am too tight here, but oh well.  Its the bottom of a basket and I am not about to worry about it.

After this one is done, I am going to make a few organizers too.  I'd like a basket for my socks, something large and that takes up a third of my drawer, so I stop losing socks under everything else in that drawer.  I might make a few other smaller baskets just for fun.  We shall see how much yarn I have and how long this impulse to crochet baskets lasts.  

But it kind of feels as if I am stealing time from my knitting.  Silly isn't it.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my but that is handsome use to which you are putting that yarn!