Friday 29 August 2014

A visity sort of weekend.

My best buddy Toby has come to visit me for a week or so.  He is good company, though it does rather change the nature of my days.  I will have to come home for lunch just to give him a break once in a while and I will have to stay home and give him a chance to run.

But not on Wednesday night.  Wednesday night I need to go knitting.  

Anyway, in other news, I have real people company coming this weekend too.  Since the shelves didn't get built last night, I will build them on the weekend with her help.  And since she is much handier than I, with a tool, I expect it will go faster than if I was doing it alone.  I am looking forward to visiting with my sister dear.  They all have been such a pleasure to know and spend time with.

With luck, I will get a chance to knit the second leg and make wee sock feet for my baby pants.  But if that is as far as it goes, well, know that I will have had a lovely time doing something else.

I can't wait till the weekend is done and life settles down.  Work is going particularly well.  I have defeated all the demons that beset the early part of the work.  The fine stuff, the stuff where I really shine comes now and I am looking forward to that.  I have a new grandbaby imminent and I am just as pleased as punch about that.  I have sweaters to work on, particularly the pretty red sweater.  

And in another week, some interesting books will arrive on my doorstep, and then shortly some very nice new yarn for an Icleandic sweater.

I love fall.  I love September.  Sweater weather, with the wait for it punctuated by visits by people and puppies I enjoy spending time with.  


No comments: