Wednesday 16 July 2014

I went to watch my big guy swim

One of the best parts of being grandma, surely has to be getting to go watch my little kids swim.  2 weeks of lessons for moms and dads gets to be looooong, but 2 weeks of lessons for grandmas?  Just about right to get there twice.

So that is what I was up to last night.  Not any real knitting because when I came home I had to loose my temper with a few people who want to try to help, but while I appreciate that help and concern, they ought to be asking first why something was the way it was.  You don't just go in and fix someone elses place without asking.  
This is the only house I have ever sold in my life, and its much more stressful than I ever imagined.  

But mostly what I will remember from yesterday is going to be my big guys shiny proud face after he blew the best bubbles and kicked and swum out to the instructor.  He is not a guy who gives half.  He goes full bore and pours all his heart and soul into what he tries.  Most little kids are like that and sadly lose it as they grow up.  I love that I get the chance to see it all happen for another generation.

Some good, some bad, but mostly, just getting by.  There needed to be more knitting in it but otherwise, Tuesday, about usual.



 



1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

I think the natural inclination to go full bore with kids is a survival instinct. The fact many "calm down" as they age is probably just that too. I think its better some grow to be happy with floating along behind the permanently driving types.

Anyway watching him swim sounds like such fun - especially if you can knit while you're at it!