Friday 18 July 2014

I love Thursday

For some reason, Thursday has always been the day nobody needs me to do, to be somewhere.  Thursday is the day where I just get to be home and do nothing and I love to do nothing.  It is the day where I love to sit and knit and plan my knitting weekend.

I picked up that pretty candy apple coloured shawl and worked on that last evening.  Not a lot of rows of knitting, really, considering the hours that a Thursday night ought to have in it, but there were other things to do. I spent time writing a letter to a friend, and talked quite a lot with my realtor and then my kids.  There wasn't a whole lot of time left.  

I also cooked last night.  I was particularly thrilled that for the very first time, when I cooked myself some supper, my smoke alarms did not go off.  My little house and its high vaulted ceilings mean the steam from cooking hangs at the top of the vault.  Every gosh darn time till yesterday, I forget to turn on the fan before I begin and the alarms go off, and I am forced to open the doors to fan the air and get things moving.  The entire neighbourhood knows when I am coooking.  

Anyway, last night I got it right.  It was cool and cloudy here and I made soup.  I love soup, thick and rich and warms you right to the center of your soul.  



Little red lentils and rice with chicken in large rich chunks.  It was wonderful and will be again.  I made a very big pot.

I have some big decisions to make this weekend, and life is a little stressful, but overall it is settling down.  I am holding to that thought to get me through.  That and my big pot of hearty chicken soup with a little knitting.  These things will carry me through.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Soup is one of the most perfect foods. Especially the next day.