Monday 17 June 2013

I got nuthin'

I did knit this weekend.  I knit a fair bit, but none of it is particularly noteworthy.

I knit on socks.  I knit on other socks.  I did not even begin to contemplate green things.  

I have started the second of the pair from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.  But it looks a lot like the first pair, so no new photos, just one old one.

The second sock is into the third repeat of the patterning so it is well on the way.  

I do want to make these socks as long as possible.  I'd like to knit this pair and use every yard of yarn, so once again, I knit these socks well up the cuff, and then put it on a holder.  I will knit this sock to the same point and then will have a serious look at the yarn left.  I will weight it, divide it in half and then will knit till it is gone.  

I don't think I will get too far on them today though.  It was wet for the last week, but today the sun is out and there are lawns to mow.  Maybe tonight?  

Maybe.

No comments: