Tuesday 3 July 2012

What came home

I think I mentioned going yarn shopping the other day.  I thought I would show you some pictures of the haul.  It doesn't look like that much and yet, it is 4 miles of yarn.


I went back today to see if they had any more of this colour of Misti Alpaca Lace.  They did,but just one wee ball.  Yes, I needed a a 6th ball.  There are several shawls I'd like to knit that need at least 2600 yards.  It takes a dismal picture.  Up close the yarn is a rich warm earthy brown and green melange.  Its wonderful.

Then these.  I thought I had some of these.  I don't though, but I am sure I will find something to do with them.

Because there always has to be Noro and this lovely subtle colourway goes with everything.
The most marvelous green Misti Alpaca Baby Suri alpaca and silk.  I have used this before and though I seem to have missed recording it in my active stash, I know I have at least 2 skeins in there somewhere, for a grand total of 6, a nice amount to do something splendid with.

A skein of Tonos from Misti Alpaca and a skein of Kidsilk Haze Stripe.  The might get used together.

And the most magnificent green/blue ever dyed.  I have two of these somewhere already.  I didn't know there was more but when I saw them, they had to come home with me.

There is another yarn, but I that one is already under construction.  More tomorrow.



No comments: